Neptune's Tables - South
This site is characterized by coral formations interspersed by sandy stretches and beds of Garden Eels.
· Parking for private vehicles: Recommended to take dive club transport to the site, as parking is limited and this is a tow zone.
· Disabled access: Yes, however minimal assistance may be necessary in order to reach the water.
· Entry point: South of the southernmost jetty, via one of three buoy-lined entrances
· About the dive: This is a deep dive along the lower edge of the slope. Average depth is 25m. This dive can be made at any time of the day.
· Dive Plan: Descend the sandy slope to a depth of around 20-22m, passing some striking coral formations at around 12-15m. Following this the route turns south toward several large plate corals at around 20-25m.
· Marine inhabitants: Many corals - amongst them, of course, table or plate corals, spread out at depth, bashful garden eels, beautiful nudibranchs, and rays and mantas in the sandy areas. In the early morning sea stars can be spotted before they return to their daytime hideouts.
· Safety Warning: This site is close to the Egyptian border, which may not be crossed.